If you go to a restaurant to eat, you probably watch your calories very closely. To help you look at your calories while eating, these tips will help you in most cases.
* Always order salad dressings or sauces on the side, so you have control over how much you add to your meal.
* When you order grilled fish or vegetables you should ask if the food should be fried without butter or oil, or in very small quantities or made with or without.
* Whenever you order a pasta dish, look for the tomato-based sauce instead of cream-based sauce. The tomato-based sauce is much lower than fat and calories and tomato sauce can even be considered a vegetable!
* You should always try to drink water, diet soda, or tea that contains soda or alcohol.
* If you order sweets, share them with a friend. The sweet half will be equal to half the calories.
* When you choose soups, keep in mind that cream-based soups are higher in fat and calories than other soups. A soup can be a great appetite, as most calories are low and you replenish yourself very quickly.
* When ordering baked potatoes, ask for salsa instead of sour cream, butter, cheese, or even bacon. Salsa is very low in calories and provides a healthy alternative with lots of flavors and spices.
* When you’re full, stop eating. Listen to your body and what it tells you.
* If you are full, take half of your food home. The second portion of your meal can serve as a second meal later. Thus, you get two meals for the price of one.
* If you want to eat less food, order two appetizers or an appetizer and a salad as your food.
* If you like side dishes, get a baked potato or steamed vegetables instead of french fries.
* Always look for food on baked, grilled, broiled, poached, or steamed menus. This type of cooking uses less fat in the cooking process and is usually much lower in calories.
* Simple pieces of bread or rolls are low in both fat and calories. When you add butter and oil, you increase your fat and calorie intake.
* Choose foods with fruits and vegetables as the main ingredient in your diet. Both fruits and vegetables are sources of dietary fiber as well as many vitamins and minerals.
* Choose whole-grain foods such as whole-wheat bread and brown rice.
* If you want to eat sweets, look for something low in fat, such as berries or fruits.
* Always remember that you do not deprive yourself of real food. All kinds of food can fit into a balanced diet.